The International Workshop on Image Analysis for Multimedia Interactive Services is one of the main international events for the presentation and discussion of the latest technological advances in interactive multimedia services. The objective of the workshop is to bring together researchers and developers from academia and industry working in the areas of image, video and audio applications, with a special focus on analysis. After a series of successful meetings starting in 1997 in Louvain, WIAMIS 2012 will be held in Dublin City University, Ireland.
All accepted and registered papers will be published in the workshop proceedings which will be indexed and distributed by IEEExplore.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- 3D data processing and visualization;
- Multimedia content analysis and understanding;
- Content-based browsing, indexing and retrieval of images, video and audio;
- Content-based copy detection;
- Emotional based content classification and organization;
- 2D/3D feature extraction;
- Advanced descriptors and similarity metrics for multimedia;
- Segmentation and reconstruction of objects in 2D/3D image sequences;
- Motion analysis and tracking;
- Multi-modal analysis for event recognition;
- Analysis for coding efficiency and increased error resilience;
- Analysis and tools for content adaptation;
- Content summarization and personalization strategies;
- End-to-end quality of service support;
- Multimedia analysis for new and emerging applications;
- Multimedia analysis hardware and middleware;
- Semantic web and social networks;
- Advanced interfaces for content analysis and relevance feedback;
- Video/audio-based human behavior analysis;
- Advanced multimedia applications.
All submissions will be handled electronically. Submission instructions will be posted on the workshop website in due course.
Call for Papers
The call can be downlaoded here.